We conduct extensive screening on all tenants and handle every aspect of getting your investment rented in the shortest time possible. We take tenant selection seriously and understand that the wrong tenants can result in delayed rent payments, etc.
We understand the property needs to be rented quickly – but it is important to find a dependable tenant that will not default on a payment within the first month. We have zero leasing, lease renewal, or sign up fees during this process.
- We handle the collection and processing of all necessary screening documents.
- When screening potential tenants, we follow a comprehensive process and take a look at the following;
- Obtain Government Issued Identification
- Social Security Number Verification
- Income/Employment Verification
- Credit Score
- Credit Report
- Review of Landlord Debt/Bankruptcy/Foreclosure/Tax Liens/Collections
- National Eviction Search
- Prior Landlord Verification
- National Criminal Search
- National Sex Offender Search
- Pet Related Paperwork (if necessary)
- All applications for tenant placement are processed without regard to the race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familiar status or national origin of the applicant and follow Fair Housing Guidelines.
How we review prospective tenants:
- First we complete a nationwide criminal background check.
- We primarily look for anything related to drugs or violence as those are two things that tend to repeat themselves and are usually an immediate disqualification.
- This report iIncludes a sex offender registry check.
- Next we conduct a nationwide eviction check to make sure that no other court in the country has thrown them out on an unlawful detainer action before.
- From there we review their credit report.
- We use experian but we don't necessarily look for a certain score although the recent average for our tenants was 707.58 FICO.
- We look at their payment history and review things like judgements, collection accounts, liens, bankruptcy, etc.
- We also review their application as a bank would underwrite a loan and look at monthly debt service.
- We then verify income and employment. Ensuring they make at least three times the monthly rental amount.
- We will then check their rental history by talking to their previous landlords.
- Finally, the eviction attorney we have on retainer, his office handles 80% of the eviction case workload in Salt Lake County. We run each applicant through their database. Chances are if you are a deadbeat tenant in Salt Lake, they have heard of you.